Springs of Life Statement of Faith
1. We believe that the Bible was written by holy men as directed by the Holy Spirit and thus, it is the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
2. We believe that there is one Triune God, eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return to earth in power and glory.
4. We believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit in the life of a believer, whereby a Christian is enabled to live a godly and holy life in this present evil world; and we acknowledge His presence and control in our lives.
5. We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God and fell through sin, losing his spiritual life, and that this state was transmitted to the whole human race, so that “All have sinned.”
6. We believe that Jesus died for our sins as a substitutionary sacrifice and that His shed blood is the only means of redemption; that the only way to Heaven for man is to be “Born-again.”
7. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus and that because He rose from the dead, those who believe upon Him shall also rise to eternal life, but the unbeliever to eternal death.
8. We believe that God’s Word teaches us that every born-again believer may have the assurance of God’s salvation and keeping power.
9. We believe that every saved person can live a victorious Christian life and ought to so live as not to bring reproach upon the Lord.
10. We believe that the church, which is the body and bride of Christ, is made up of all born-again believers of all the world.
11. We believe that the Lord will return in the air to meet His bride, at which time the dead in Christ shall be resurrected and the living believers will be instantly changed, all going to be with Him.
12. We believe in the visible, physical return of the Lord to the earth at which time He will set up His millennial kingdom upon the earth.
13. We believe in both Heaven and Hell, places prepared by God for the believers and the unbelievers and that we can choose, by our own will, the place of our eternal abode.
14. We believe in water baptism and suggest that baptism by immersion will best show the outward sign of the inward work of salvation.
15. We believe that the church shall commemorate the Lord’s Supper by a periodical service of Holy Communion in remembrance of His death upon Calvary and His coming again to receive us.
Detail scripture reference provided by request